Wednesday 16 May 2018

Des Hunt visits Waikowhai primary school

Today, Des Hunt an author on the 16th may 2018  came to our school he showed us how a portable fire worked he took out the gas of one but it made a small spark he got peppermint spray he sprayed it into a small container and  put it on the portable lighter without gas and it flew of  then he aimed it at Mrs Sans and it just missed her then he got out what he called a nuclear monster it made a bigger spark and put on a bigger container it looked like a medium size flame and the container flew of and almost hit someone,His first book  was rejected he sent his book 7 times no one wanted it 30 years later he made a new book and it got publicised.

My favourite part of the presentation was when he was using the magic fly stick  because it was funny and he said he was so attractive.Then he made it bounce up and down
He used the magic fly stick because it was using positive and negative like good and bad.

Now that I have seen this presentation I want to become a writer and use the sames tricks to help me know what to do and read more books especially Des Hunt books because hes the one who inspired me of making books and ask him questions to help me and keep on making books for him.



2 comments:

  1. Hi there, my name is Katie. I really like your Des Hunt description i liked that you used interesting words. It made me think of when we are going to Canada soon we will see some shows. Have you thought about checking your spelling and make sure you do not have double words. If you would like to see my learning, my blog is http://wpskatier.blogspot.co.nz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for telling me I fixed it a few months ago

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.